Convenient Veterinary Services for North Dallas Pets
Welcome to Summertree Animal & Bird Clinic—we believe that you and your pet deserve the very best in veterinary care and client service. Our extraordinary professionals treat your whole pet, from physical needs to psycho-social concerns. Take a virtual tour to view our warm reception area, advanced technology and equipment, and all of our modern veterinary hospital.
As a client of Summertree, you receive a wide variety of services designed exclusively for pet owners, including health resources, pet loss assistance, and even an informative blog. We offer convenient options for payment and valuable information about pet insurance.
Keep reading to learn about our various policies and see the convenient forms we make available to you online. We invite you to contact our clinic with any questions you have about pet care, client resources, and our clinic policies.
To allow ample time for all patients and scheduled surgical procedures, we operate primarily by appointment. Emergency cases will always receive top priority, which is why occasional appointment delay is inevitable. Please realize that we make a sincere attempt to see each client on time.
For your convenience, “Day Admit” appointments are available. A Day Admit means you could bring your pet at the time that works best for you and leave him or her with us for a couple of hours. Usually, we will ask you to Day Admit sometime in the morning so our veterinarians can examine the patient in between appointments or at the time purposely reserved for admitted patients. Once the doctor is done, he or she will give you a call to go over the diagnosis and give you discharge instructions.
For the safety of all animals in our care, we require that all vaccinations be up to date. Even though we make every effort to make our patients feel comfortable during visits, they may be a little uneasy about new people, new surroundings, and other pets. This is one of the reasons we ask you to restrain your pet. As indicated in our Patient Arrival Policy, we require all animals be placed on a leash or in pet carriers before entering the waiting room.
Patient Arrival Policy
For your protection and that of others, we ask our new and existing clients to respect others by adhering to the following arrival requirements:
- All dogs must be on a leash and properly controlled while in the waiting area or exam rooms.
- All cats must be presented in an appropriate cat carrier or on a leash.
- All birds should be presented in a cage or carrier. The waiting area may have dogs on leashes or activity that could startle your bird. Even birds that “never fly” can take off flying if startled or a gust of wind comes by. Unfortunately, birds have been lost due to circumstances that could easily be avoided.
If an animal is presented off leash or without a carrier, we reserve the right to provide you with a temporary leash/carrier for the remainder of your visit.
Summertree Animal & Bird Clinic recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of our clients, patients, and those individuals who visit our site. We do not collect or give out any information to any third-party vendors or Internet businesses. No information will ever be disclosed to outside parties.
We strictly adhere to this policy. It’s that simple!
New & Existing Client Forms
These certificates are just our way of saying Thank You! to our special clients:
- New Client Certificate For new clients only—We appreciate your business and would like to extend our certificate for $25 off your first physical exam visit.
- Share the Care Client Referral Certificate—When you refer your friends and family to Summertree, give them this certificate so both of you can receive $25 off veterinary services.
The following forms are available to download, print, and complete in the comfort of your home, saving time at check-in.
- Summertree Client Information form—Both new and existing clients use this form to provide the most current account information.
- Boarding Information Form—This consent form is necessary when dropping your pet off for boarding.
- Boarding Information Form (PDF)—This consent form is necessary when dropping your pet off for boarding.
- Reptile/Amphibian/Fish History form—This form details the care and history of your pet, from general questions to food, grooming, and environmental issues.
- General Surgery Release form—This consent form must be completed prior to all surgical procedures and allows you to decide about such surgical options as screening tests, laser surgery, microchip insertion, and pain management.
- Dental Prophylaxis Release form—This consent form must be completed prior to all dental procedures and allows you to decide about such dental options as screening tests, dental X-rays, preventive treatments, and pain management.
- Day Admission for Reptiles/Amphibians/Fish—This form must be completed prior to admission and details the problems you have observed and the options you may choose for veterinary care.
- Day Admission for Mammals—This form must be completed prior to admission and details the problems you have observed and the options you may choose for veterinary care.
- Day Admission for Pet Birds—This form must be completed prior to admission and details the problems you have observed and the options you may choose for veterinary care.